Saturday, October 28, 2006

Lucinda's Besotted Modifications

Since Blogger went nuts & posted twice on me, even though it said there were errors & that it had been unable to post, I took it as a sign to modify one of the posts to share my Besotted Scarf modifications. (Besides which, it's probably better for me to write them down before I forget anyway.)



What I changed was to add a ribbing design of my own to the bottom of the scarf, & I plan to add a matching ribbing edge to the end. I worked the first row as a wrong side row instead of a right side row because I thought it looked better that way next to the long tail cast on. For the foundation row I did P2, *K2, P3, K2, P3, K2, P2* -- repeat * to * twice more.

Then for the next row, Row 2, Slip One, K1, *P2, K3, P2, K3, P2, K2* -- repeat * to * twice more (Right side row.) Row 3 is similar to the foundation, but begin with Slip One, P1,*K2, P3, K2, P3, K2, P2* -- repeat * to * twice more.

Repeat rows 2 & 3 until ribbing is desired length. End with working Row 3, & then on the following row, begin the instructions for the Besotted Scarf.