Saturday, October 28, 2006

Besotted Begun

I've had it in mind to do a cabled scarf for over a month now. It's one of the reasons I joined this KAL. I finally got it started last night. (While watching the St. Louis Cardinals win the World Series! Go Cards!)




This is the
Besotted Scarf pattern from Hello Yarn. I made a few modifications to the start of the pattern, because I didn't like how the edge turned out the first time that I did it. So I frogged it completely after the first couple cable turns & restarted. I'll write out my modifications in another post if anyone expresses interest.



(Edit: Blogger gave me errors the first time I tried to publish. It seems to be flaky today, per Knitcrazy's earlier post. My apologies if blogger ends up publishing this twice. )

Edit Part 2: Since Blogger gave me two posts, I editted this one again for a different picture, to show how the scarf looks with more repeats. It's a surprisingly fast knit, given that I haven't done cables for a decade or more.