Monday, February 19, 2007

Peek a boo! I see you!



All done! (Sorry the photos suck; the modeled ones even moreso.)



The first picture is blurry, but more color accurate; the second is not blurry, but completely washed out.

This is Peek a boo from Inspired Cable Knits by Fiona Ellis, knit up in KnitPicks Shine Sport in Sky. I made the XL size. It took longer than I would have liked - I had hoped to finish it by Christmas; fortunately the recipient's birthday is next week, so I was able to switch things around and give her something else for Christmas.

The cotton yarn is pretty unforgiving and there are noticeable areas of rowing out in all the pieces; I'm hopeful that a few washes will even things out, though. I'd likely make this one again (this one is a gift for my sister), but not in a cotton based yarn - it's way too harsh on my hands to try to make that many cables in a yarn that has virtually no stretch!