Monday, December 11, 2006

Cleo Un-Cabled

Well, here are the before and after shots of my first felting project! I used Lion Brand Felting Wool in "rose" (although in some lights it looks rather fuschia to me). The color grew on me (I don't really like pink so much) . Now, I think the Lion Brand wool is a bit thicker than Cascade 220 which the pattern calls for. I did do a gauge swatch and had trouble getting the row gauge - although stitch gauge was on. My blocking skills are....nonexistent! So, what do you think? Did I overfelt it? I took it out earlier (several times, in fact), and really there was no moment when the cables were visible! Ah well. But still, I'm quite proud of myself. Love the felted fabric. Tomorrow I'll have my first irish hiking scarf finished, also! Yay! Just need to bind off and weave in the ends. And a second ihs is 4/5 finished. What next? I'd like to try a sweater... but I'm inexperienced - does anyone have any ideas?