Thursday, November 09, 2006

I have finally succumbed to the urge to join this KAL and make up some cabley goodness! Unfortunately, my blog and I are still pictorially challenged, but I anticipate acquisition of a digital camera before month’s end (I hope) and then I can post my own pictures! Meanwhile, here’s my project info (with pictures borrowed from the product web-sites):

I am making the gorgeous glamorous Cable and Dropped-stitch Cardi-Wrap from Stitch Diva

using Manos del Uruguay wool, in colour no. 111 (Navy, Plum, Rust & Golden Peach).


I started knitting it earlier this week, and I am totally captivated!

I am modifying the pattern slightly, adding a twisted rib instead of the double rib lines, for an additional complementary cabled accent to the horseshoe cables. The Manos wool has a slight tendency to felt itself together just from being knit up, which makes dropping the stitches a bit sticky, so I am dropping the stitches in sections, after every 20-25 rows or so, instead of waiting to drop them all in one fell swoop. I’m afraid if I wait to the end, the yarn will bond with neighbouring strands and make dropping the stitches more difficult.

That’s pretty much all for now, except that I'm glad to be on board!
MezzoDiva the Operatic Knitaholic