Sunday, September 24, 2006

Hi Everyone!

I joined the Fall Cable KAL 2006 in order to jumpstart one of my many WIPs, a Michael Kors Cable Cardigan from Vogue Knitting Fall 2004. The back is finished; the front left section is 3/4 finished, but I can't tell where I left off in the rather elaborate instructions for shaping the shawl collar and sleeve simultaneously. I'm sure I had some momentum going and some understanding of the instructions at the time, because the front/left section corresponds to the back, and what there is of the collar falls properly, but two years later the instructions look like a foreign language. I will try to figure it out soon, but I think it will probably have to be frogged. I don't have the stomach to tackle it yet, so I began again with the sleeves this weekend. Here's my progress so far:


This first sleeve is half finished. I'm using Filatura di Crosa Zara Plus. It's a dream to knit.