Wednesday, February 28, 2007

In under the wire

I started and restarted so many cable projects in the last few months, but only a couple of them made it past the potential stage.

Here's my one and only actual FO: a pair of Stulpen inspired by the ones Angelika posted here last fall. Hers were a variation on this pattern (scroll down for English instructions), she added the partial fingers. I made mine as armwarmers.
Actually this pair is promised to my MIL and I am in the process of choosing yarn for a pair of my own. But they knit up very quickly. And I'm going to make a matching headband to keep my ears warm when I go walking (it's still cold here for at least a month).

Speaking of cabled goodness, I am still undecided about the right yarn for the sexy curvy cabled cardigan. The assymetrical cables are gorgeous in almost everything, but the reverse st st background just doesn't appeal to me in many yarns. It might work in some of my dk or light-worsted cotton blends. Maybe I can find my turquoise SWTC bamboo? I have lots of that. I'm pretty sure I don't have enough of the purple.

I'm also restarting my Stitch Diva dropped-stitch cabled cardi-wrap (the project formerly known as the Fall Cable Fiasco). I have a big bag of Berocco's Boho in the lovely Burgundy colourway that should work beautifully. The ribbon will give it the required drape and the subtle colour and texture variations will provide interest and depth without detracting from the cables.