Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Cabled hat to show off

I wanted to show you the cabled hat I've finished a couple of days back. For all you naturalists out there, please close yours eyes and skip this post, because nothing about this hat is form a sheep or a tree. The yarn is 100 % acrylic red heart worsted weight and the needles are the old fashioned aluminum is used. Thanks to the pooling of the yarn the cables I put into the hat you are actually able to see the cable pattern I knitted. I'm also working on a matching pair of mittens and a cabled scarf to complete the set, but because of either doing rows instead of rounds or because of the smaller number of stitches in the round I don't get the same effect and the cable pattern is very hard to make out, but I promise, it's there.


Here is the hat just to let you know what I'm talking about. I'll hook you up with another picture, when the trio is finished.