Friday, December 01, 2006

Poorly lit cable dishcloth!

Well, here's my first FO. It's a cabled dishcloth! If you look closely you can see a few problems - in the center rows I got distracted and re-knit a row I'd already knit! And instead of removing it, I just added the WS row, and kept going. That's how concerned I was with this project. I don't really like how it looks in person - the cabled areas have loops of yarn that could snag if one were to actually use this for dish washing. I wasn't happy with it after the first set, so I tried something different, didn't like that, then went back to the pattern to finish. It does occur to me that my needle fits nicely in the cabled loops (I should've photographed that)... makes me think I could create my own needle-holder from this pattern with a little work (widening, lengthening, etc...). So, that's what I learned from this one. I won't do it again, because I don't see it as a great dishcloth pattern. But it was a fast knit (even for a slow knitter like me). And sorry about the terrible photo! I was impatient and did not want to wait until morning...