Sunday, December 24, 2006

More Cabling Projects

A Hat to Match my Irish HIking Scarf

Irish Hiking Combo

I finished my first cabled hat this week. It is a little loose around my head but I actually kind of like it because I can wear my heat down with out messing it up, that's all a girl wants out of a beanie right? This was my first that on a circular needle. I have done several on DPNs but this cabling was a bit too hard on DPNs so I went out and bought my first interchangeable needle. Now that I have one I REALLY want to get a set but I don't think Santa's going to bring one to me this year. I didn't get the word out early enough I think.

Moving on, I was so excited about getting this blue hat done I casted on a second one the same night, this one is a bit smaller and the k2, p2 ribbing at the bottom actually matches up with the cables unlike my first one. I like that much better.

In Progress: Black and White, basic cabled hat

I finished this one yesterday morning. I had a different vision in my head with the white stripe and it didn't quite come out the way I pictured but it is still nice enough for second hat I guess.

B&W Cabled Hat

Happy Chrismahanukwanzstice to you all!