Saturday, December 30, 2006

Fingerless Gloves Completed!

Hello Fall Cable Knitters!

I am proud to say that I did complete the last of my Basic Cable Fingerless Gloves last night to match my Irish Hiking Scarf/Hat Combo. Now I just have to sit around and wait for it to freeze here in Austin so that I can wear the whole combo together. Although that would be quite a lot of blue. I think I will mostly end up wearing the gloves at work because I have really bad circulation and my hands, feet, and nose are always frozen solid. I figure I can wear the gloves to keep my hands warm but still allow me to type. I am actually doing that very thing right now for practice. I have made a number of typos so far (but I am correcting them as I go) but I am sure I will get used to it.


Fingerless Gloves, Basic Cable


Fingerless Gloves, Basic Cable

I just want to make more and more of these but before I am selfish and make me more I am going to knit something for my best friend to surprise her. Probably something cabled on account I am so cable crazy at the moment.

I forgot if I posted about my process here before but I did mention it in my blog it was a hell of a process. None of the patterns available on the IHS KAL worked for me because I wanted to knit mine using the double circular needle method and I just couldn't alter those patterns in such a way that worked well for me. So I created my own pattern to work with the 2 circs method. There was a lot of knitting, frogging, and altering going on but I did it, and I couldn't be happier. Here is a pic of the chart I created, I'll post the actual pattern on my blog this weekend at some point.

Laters!