Sunday, November 05, 2006

I Love Cables

I am absolutely thrilled to have won the contest for Janet Szabo's wonderful book.
So I decided to post now, although I'm still in the middle of a project that I must finish before getting back to my cables.
A month ago I accepted a commission to knit an Adrienne Vittadini lace cardigan for someone, and that is all I've worked on since the first weekend in October.
When I finish that, hopefully next week, I'll get back to finishing the 3 cable sweaters I have on the needles, and probably knit a cabled hat for my sons GF for Christmas.
On the needles:


Yarn: Classic Elite Newport Cotton
Pattern: by Karabella (click here to see pattern)


Next up: a Cardi that I really want to wear before Christmas. Pattern is one of the free patterns I submitted, Pattern is Drops 88-4

I cast it on April, knit a bit on it, then set is aside to finish a bunch of other projects. Now it's time to finish this. A month ago I had to rip back 8 rows to the armscye shaping because I'd messed up the decreases.
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpaca and Silk in black.

As soon as these two are done, and the Elizabeth I that I have on the needles is finished, I have big plans to start one of the Arans from Alice Starmores book Aran Knitting. Probably Na Craga, but I haven't decided yet.

I love seeing what all of you are doing here.

Thanks again Jennifer and Christie.

Marji