Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Hi everyone. I'm new to the Fall Cable KAL 2006. I have been working on an aran for my husband. It seems to be taking a lot of time as it is a size 50; but, I'm having a lot of fun with the knitting and the cables. This is really my first big cable project.

I decided to work on it while watching the Alabama/Auburn football game last Saturday----big mistake. I lost my place in the pattern and couldn't seem to find my way back! I must have ripped back about 2" three different times, then, I looked at the wrong decrease rows and decreased too many stitches for those 2"------------hm------------. Well I'm back on track and everything seems to be going quite smoothly.

My husband just looks at me, shakes his head, and says that he might be able to wear the sweater this time next year :) Men!!!!! He really is very appreciative, just likes to kid around.

Here is a photo of the sweater's back. I'm almost up to the top. I'll feel like I've accomplished a lot when I get the back done, after all, that's half of the sweater done, right?



The pattern for this sweater is taken from Plymouth Yarn's "Generations of Aran" and I'm using Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash yarn on US 6 and 8 circular needles.

Cables are really a lot of fun to knit, but it does take a lot of concentration on my part to stay focused. Hopefully, this KAL will help keep me on track :) You have some really beautiful pieces posted; and, as a beginner, you give me a lot of encouragement. Thank you.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone.