Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Hello, New To the Group


Hi All
I have been reading your posts for a few weeks and have finally joined. Long time knitter, love cables. I just began this sweater for my husband Nov 24 and am including it as an entry into the February contest. I believe it will qualify for the large piece as it is a size 60. :) The pattern is one by Wendy of WendyKnits. I had to alter a bit to accomodate the size. The cables on each side of the center panel are an add in by me. The yarn is one I haven't used before by am thoroughly enjoying, It is Queensland Collection Kathmandu. It is merino wool, silk and cashmere in a color called twig. Appropriate as I find bits of stick every so often :) We are planning a minitrip to ireland in February so the deadline for the completion is perfect. I look forward to being part of this group. I have enjoyed yoour pics and spend much time going though the great patterns. My blog(website) is not yet complete but I will send the link when it is.

Cheryl