Monday, October 02, 2006

Just sayin' hello…

and sharing a completed project.

First, it's great to be with y'all. Here's to fun and progress! Here's what I've managed to complete in my spare time thus far: the oft-copied and ever fun-to-complete Irish Hiking Scarf. Yeah, I know I'm late to the party on that one, but life happens in between stitches, you know? In any case, it's done and I'm pleased with it. I used Harrisville Highland wool in Aubergine. The photo's not the best (operator error, no doubt), but it shows what it needs to.

I've also finished a pair of Fetching in Paton's Classic Merino, Leaf Green. Easy and fun. I may do some more for holiday gift-giving.

Wish me luck; I finally cast-on for Ivy (Fall Knitty). I'm liking the cably/twisted rib goodness, but reacting to the alpaca. (I'm using the spec'd Elann Quechua yarn.) Itchy eyes notwithstanding, I WILL finish this sweater!! Pics when there's enough to warrant it.