Saturday, October 07, 2006

Irish Hiking Scarf


Hi Everyone,
This is my first post since joinging this terrific KAL. I am knitting the Irish Hiking Scarf in Knitpicks Elegance, a lovely alpaca and silk dk weight yarn. Because I am using a smaller gauge yarn with size 6 Knitpicks options needles, I decided to add a 4th cable. I love the way this is knitting up and is moving along very fast. This is a good way to reacquaint myelf with cabling, which is something I haven't done in awhile. Now I remember how much I enjoyed it before. I intend to finish this, then move on to cable projects more challenging. I love seeing everyone's projects and beautiful work. Thanks for letting me join this KAL. I'll post again when the scarf is finished and blocked. How is everyone finishing the edges? Fringe? Leaving it as is?
Happy Knitting,
Sue J.