Monday, October 09, 2006

cheater cable project!

I’m excited to be started on my first big cable project that isn’t a hat or a scarf- but also a little embarrassed.

I picked up some skeins of Rowan Big Wool in Tricky on a great sale several years ago, and am finally putting them to use knitting this very cute cabled cardigan jacket, "Fanny" from Big Just Got Bigger.






The jacket is exciting part, but the super chunky yarn and SIZE SEVENTEEN needles that it is knit on is the embarrassing part. It’s rather inelegant, but it’s quick and fun. The back only took a few days of casual knitting to complete. I think my niece Emily will really like it as a Christmas gift. I’m trying not to be a knitting snob but the big plastic needles make me self conscious. I only knit this project in the privacy of my own home!