Friday, October 27, 2006

Beginning!

I signed up for this KAL about a month ago and was so excited to get going once I finished my most recent project. I quickly picked up the needles (after a break from knitting to do some crochet work), and grabbed the KnitPicks Andean Silk in Slate that I had gotten for this vest. I cast on for the first part of the pattern and got going on the back of the vest...only then to realize that I would have to wait until I did the FRONT to get to the cables!

Oh well, the stockinette stitch is moving right along, and so I decided to post my progress anyways with a little cable teaser in the back (this was the cable vest that I did last fall from Interweave Knit's Fall 2005...Veste Everest) This years cabled vest (what is it with me and fall and cable vests) is One Cable Vest from Blue Sky Alpacas.