Sunday, January 07, 2007

Beginning First Cable Project...

I'm new to the blog, and new to this cabling thing. I did complete a pair of Fetching fingerless gloves, but was not thrilled with the result - probably because my yarn choice was poor. Now I'm working on the Samus cardigan, also from Knitty, and I'm loving it. I'm working on the Saxon braid that runs along the bottom, and it got off to a slow start, mostly because I'm new to cabling, but once I learned to cable without a cable needle, thanks to Wendy's excellent instructions, it started moving along at a nice clip. Still, I'm really enjoying working on it. Here's my progress as of the other night:

I'd love to see some completed Samus's if anyone else has worked on this pattern. I'm finding it to be quite an enjoyable knit. I'm using Knitpicks, Wool of the Andes, in Grass color, which is also turning out to be a surprisingly nice yarn to work with.

I'll keep posting progress pics on my blog.