Friday, October 06, 2006

Conquering Cables

Conquering Cables
Hello Everyone!
I am a new knitter, enthralled with cables. What started as a swatch turned into an almost finished Irish Hiking Scarf. I have learned to cable 3 different ways, 2 with and 1 without a cable needle. I have ONE problem that I haven't seen any others mention except one person. The last stich of the twist on almost every single turning row, no matter what method of cabling I use is stretched out. I don't know if it's because of the wool (stretchy worsted wool?), because I am relatively inexperienced, becuase it's normal and will resolve itself in blocking, and so on. The advice given the other knitter was "not to give up"! That's it! So, hopefully, someone will be able to provide some guidance and I so enjoy looking at the lovely work posted. Very inspirational. Thank you all in advance